COVID-19 – Alan Hutchison Photography will be open for collections only from 20th November to 11th December
Guidance for Clients
PLEASE NOTE THE STUDIO IS CURRENTLY TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic and the importance of the health and safety of our clients and of ourselves, we are taking the following precautions with all studio photoshoots:-
– Normally both Alan and his wife Morag would be involved in the photoshoots – to minimise social contact only one of us will run the photoshoot
– All door handles and touch points in the studio will be cleansed and sanitised before and after each photoshoot or viewing.
– A one hour gap between appointments will be kept to ensure we have adequate time to do this.
– We will provide Free cancellations for health and guidance reasons
– In the event that any of our staff showing any symptoms we will postpone all appointments for a minimum of 14 days
– In the event of any of YOUR family showing any symptoms we would ask to notify us so that we can postpone the photoshoot for a minimum of 14 days
– Due to current guideliunes, we can currently only accommodate a MAXIMUM of 6 attendees at each photoshoot from NO MORE THAN 2 HOUSEHOLDS
– All clients will be asked to wear a mask at all times EXCEPT when they are actually having their photographs taken
– Staff will wear a mask at all times
– We would ask that when returning to view the photos, no children are present and the number of attendees is kept to a minimum
– We will follow all Scottish Government and SNHS guidelines on social interaction
Following the news released on the 19th of December about all of the Scottish Mainland being moved into Tier 4 restriction from Boxing Day, and the potential prevalence of a faster-spreading version of Covid-19, we have taken the decision to temporarily close the studio until the end of January at the very earliest.
Sadly, due to the Stirling Council area moving into Category 4 Covid Restrictions from Friday, we will have to close down our Photography studio once again until those restrictions are lifted (planned for 11th December).
All Photography bookings for the period between November the 20th and December 11th with therefore have to be re-arranged. We will however be open for any collections (please call ahead to arrange).
We will be contacting all clients who are affected by this directly.
It’s a major blow for small businesses like ours that don’t qualify for much of the financial support available, but we do recognise that it’s for the greater good.
So stay safe everyone and hopefully we can get some of you into the studio before Christmas.
Due to the latest “Rule of 6” restrictions, we can now only accommodate groups of no more than 6 from no more than 2 separate households until further notice.
Our studio is open again and we are following full NHS and Scottish Government guidance.
August 18, 2020:
Subject to official guidance (which we are still waiting on), we now plan to re-open the studio on September the 3rd. We will have strict safety and social distancing protocols on place and will be limiting the availability of photoshoots to just 3 per day to ensure adequate time for cleaning between clients. All clients and staff will be asked to wear a mask at all times, except when actually having their photo taken. The largest group we can currently accommodate is 8. We look forward to welcoming you back to the studio and we do hope that over time and in line with Government guidelines, these restrictions will be gradually eased.
July 22, 2020:
In line with Government guidance we had hoped to be able to re-open our studio by now. However the actual guidance for photography studios states thats face coverings must be worn by both staff and clients at ALL times ( Information on the guidance can be found here https://www.gov.scot/news/hairdressers-and-barbers-to-re-open/ )- which of course would not work for getting your photographs taken. We have therefore written to the Scottish Government via our local MSP Bruce Crawford for guidance. He has since written back acknowledging the obvious problem and will seek appropriate advice.
As our client’s safety is our 100% top priority, we will continue to keep the studio closed until clear guidance is given that it is safe and practical to do so. We will update the site as soon as we can open and we do expect that to be sooner rather than later.
March 23, 2020:
UPDATE: Based on the latest Scottish Government advice that only essential businesses remain open, we have taken the decision to close the studio with immediate effect.
Any current booking session fee payments will be fully refunded. We will obviously re-open our doors as soon as the Government informs us that is it safe to do so.
Stay safe and please follow Government advice on self-isolation and home quarantine where required.
Thank you to all our customers past and present.
Alan and Morag Hutchison
March 18th, 2020:
COVID-19 is affecting us all. As a result, for some, a family portrait session may well be the last thing on your mind at the moment. For many however, it may also be something you want to have done as a family as soon as possible, whilst everyone remains fit and well. We want to assure you that we remain open for business.
Here are the precautions we are currently taking to protect you, our client, and ourselves:-
- Normally both Alan and his wife Morag would be involved in the photoshoots – to minimise social contact only one of us will run the photoshoot
- All door handles and touch points in the studio will be cleansed and sanitized before and after each photoshoot or viewing.
- A one hour gap between appointments will be kept to ensure we have adequate time to do this.
- We will provide Free cancellations for any health related issues or any issues related to Government guidance on contact
- In the event that any of our staff show any symptoms we will postpone all appointments for a minimum of 14 days
- In the event of any of YOUR family showing any symptoms we would ask to notify us, so that we can postpone the photoshoot for a minimum of 14 days
- We would ask that when returning to view the photos, no children are present and the number of attendees is kept to a minimum
- We will follow all Scottish Government and SNHS guidelines on social interaction
Please support your local and small business who are struggling during this crisis – shop small, shop local!